I'm making an important promise to myself, for my children.


I’m making a promise.

I'm making myself a promise to play more. 

Recently I’d been contemplating life and how quickly my boys have grown. As soon as my youngest turned 4, I began to panic. How was is that he was 4? Did I no longer have a toddler? I thought about the years and how they’ve flown and how quickly my children have grown.

Yes we’ve had fun.

But have I really really made the most of playing with them? 

I mean really. Not just sitting on the floor, scrolling through Facebook whilst nodding to them. Or sitting in the garden, not really playing, but just watching them.

No I haven’t.

I know it, I recognise it almost daily. I need to do more with them. I need to play more with them. Before they’re suddenly grown up and no longer wanting to play with me. Before the technology, game systems and grumbles take over. I need to indulge in their childhood, to make an effort.

A friend of mine leads such a busy life, I don’t know how she does it all, but she’s created a new evening routine. After dinner, they sit down and play a family board game. Every day. This way, they get to have a play all together and at a time that suits everyone. The children get to spend time with Mummy before she has to get back to work. I can imagine that they appreciate and love this quality family time.


It inspired me.


I need to play more. I need to make time everyday. More than once a day to indulge in my children. To be more involved. 

So, I’m setting myself a challenge. I’m promising myself that I will play more. And I’m doing this for us all.

I’ve written this in advance, but I will be spending the next month playing more.

I will be writing my progress and findings on a future blog post, so keep an eye on that! Why not subscribe to my blog? Or follow my Facebook page to see how we get on!

Also, get in touch with us, pop a comment below! 




For more daily doses of parenting highs and lows, follow me on FacebookTwitter or Instagram

Comments