How To Fix Broken Crayons; Step By Step Instructions

In our household, the boys love to do crafts. I have 2 boys and sometimes their activeness and boisterous behaviour can get the better of them and the crayons, most of the time, do not get treated with the love and respect that they deserve. Too many times my youngest has just found it hilarious to chuck them across our laminate floor, tread on them and bitten bits off. Too many times I found myself gathering up crayons that were only a few days old in broken tiny pieces before throwing them out into the bin. 

Well I have taken a stand. There will be no more crayons thrown out. The kids can still continue to torment the crayons but the crayons are coming back with a fresh lease of life. 


To fix what is broken, crayon edition, just follow these simple steps: 


You will need: 



  • Broken crayons
  • An old baking cupcake tray or silicon moulds- any you fancy! Let's go nuts. 
  • An oven
  • A fridge
Instructions: 
  1. Put your baking mould on to the side ready. 
  2. Get all of your Crayons from the floor/under sofas/ children hands/ toy boxes.
  3. Peel off all of the paper- this is probably the longest and most tedious step ever but it is really important to do. 
  4. Put the crayons into the moulds. You may need to break them up a little bit more, and arrange them how you want. You can really create some colourful master pieces here. 
  5. Place into an oven, temperature 180 roughly. KEEP AN EYE ON IT. I set my smoke detectors off as I got carried away with the hoovering. It should take between 5-15 minutes to melt. 
  6. Carefully, ADULTS ONLY, take the crayon mould out of the oven and leave on the side to cool for 5 minutes.
  7. Place in the fridge to cool for a further 10-20 minutes.
  8. Pop out the crayons. 
  9. TA DA! Enjoy with your little ones. 
  10. Repeat whenever necessary. I love not having waste, be it food or crayons. Hurrah! 








Have you given this a go? If so, I'd love to see your crayon master pieces, so pop a picture below!

For more daily doses of parenting highs and lows, follow me on FacebookTwitter or Instagram

Comments