Half A Decade Has Gone....

Half a decade has gone by since I became a Mum. Half a decade. It both seems like such a long time and a short time. It has been the longest, quickest, most stressful but most full of love, 5 years of my life. 

5 years. 

I'm just going to let that sink in. 

It's also been 2 years since I started scribbling down all of my parenting tips and ramblings. I was a bit of a newbie (obviously) when I began parenting but I still feel like at times I have no idea what I am doing. I think, I am what you call 'Winging it' with parenthood. But who doesn't? 

So half a decade ago, I met my eldest. The boy that made me a Mother. That changed my World and everything I thought I knew. He has given me more worry than I thought I would ever know and he has given me more love than I ever expected. I remember the day I became a Mum, I was so out of it! My labour had been far from pleasant and the arrival was a painful one for us both. But he was beautiful. The most beautiful baby I had ever laid my eyes on, with his mass of dark thick hair. I loved dressing him up, giving him baths and just watching him as he laid in my arms. 

I felt so truly blessed and lucky to have had such a beautiful baby boy. I remember the little baby cry, it wasn't long before he full on belted cries into big screams. He was a happy, chatty baby who grew up to be one of the smartest, cutest toddlers. And now, he's a child. 5 years old. His personality is so unique, so kind, so caring, so funny at times. The language he now uses baffles me and so does his new attitude. He has almost finished his reception year at school and I could not be prouder of him and how brainy he is. 

I have learnt a lot about myself in the past 5 years. For one, I realise just how much I love my sleep. I remember a couple of days into the 6am wake ups I cried. I literally mourned for my loss of sleep. I get a bit more of it now but I didn't realise how permanently tired one could be. I like to think that Motherhood has made me a better person, helped me to be kinder and more understanding. I look at the World a lot differently. At times I find it more scary, other times I find it far more magical and stunning. Here are 8 Things I See Differently Now I'm A Mum

I started off my parenting journey half a decade ago and I started off being more confident than I am now, believe it or not. But although my confidence has dropped and my energy levels, I am constantly striving to better myself, our family and our situation. I look at my two boys and they are my inspiration for everything. So during this half a decade, my Son has grown into the most amazing little boy, I have grown in some areas and changed in others. Everything has changed. My whole life. But I wouldn't have it any other way. 

I am so excited about what the next half a decade may bring, what challenges I will face as a parent and what amazing memories will be made with our unit of 4. I am so thankful for my two boys, they made me a Mother. As my eldest turns 5, I realise the biggest dream of my life has come true. Traditions, Shopping Days And Dreams Coming True explains the moment I realised this. 

Half a decade has gone by since I became a Mother. Half a decade of milk, nappies, poop, snacks, toys and cartoons. Half a decade of giving and receiving unconditional love. They have been the best years of my life, so far. 




Liked this blog post? For more daily doses of parenting highs and lows, follow me on FacebookTwitter or Instagram

Comments