Hello

I have been wanting to write a blog for a while now but I didn’t know what to write about. I have a keen interest in nail art, so I always thought my blog would be full to the brim of reviews on polishes and my attempt at some nail art that would inspire others. Then I realised that with two little toddlers, I wouldn’t have time to increase the time spent on my nails nor could I warrant taking over the house with far too many nail polishes. I kept wondering what to base my blog on, I knew that I’d have to have knowledge on the topic, be able to write about it in depth and be able to find lightness and laughter in my writing. I had to be passionate about the topic. Then I realised exactly what I would write about. 

20 tiny toes and many big, small and non-existent adventures. 

That is what fills my life, I am a stay at home mum, although some may argue this is not a job, this is what I am. My life is my family, it is my existence 24/7.  The blog will be a way to store all of those hilarious memories, or relieve the stresses of my days and weeks. I am passionate about family life, I have so much to write about. I warn you now, I will not sugar coat any of my life. I will write about the smears of poop, the faces filled with snot, the moments you just want to empty the toy box and hide inside it, but I will also write about those beautiful moments when life becomes so crystal clear and I realise how very lucky I am to have such beautiful boys. The tiny toes and big adventures that fills my days; these will be what my blog posts are about.

So, let me introduce ourselves for those that don’t know us. We are a nice unit of 4, although this unit is sadly lacking in girl power. Aaron and I have been married now for 3 and a half years and those have flown by. Our eldest is 3 years old and our youngest is 15 months old. They are both beautiful and of course I will say that because every parent is biased. 

They have such different personalities; The eldest is very much like me and the youngest is just like his Dad. The older one is a very sensitive soul, a bit of a wuss dare I say it. He doesn’t like going on slides, or swings because he gets ‘scared’ although he is quite happy climbing furniture at home and this resulting in fractured bones! He loves pleasing people but is very independent and likes to walk about instead of sit in the pushchair. He is a brainbox and remembers things even I have forgotten I said to him, which is a great trait for him, not so good for me. 

Our youngest is quite a clingy child, but also very happy and bubbly. He will say hi to anyone willing to listen when we are out and about. Cuddles must be his favourite thing as sometimes this is all he will do all day, which doesn’t make my days very easy. He has one hell of a throw as well, which is impressive when playing with the ball but not so admirable when dinner is involved. It is safe to say they are both a massive handful and this is why I have so much to say and write about.

Ever since I was a little girl I just wanted to grow up and I have always been so excited to start my own family. I pictured it being so idealistic. The reality however is even better. Of course I have days where I just want to pull my hair out and pour myself a nice glass of wine, but the rewards of parenting are so vast and powerful in my life I would never change those bad days for anything else if it meant not being a parent anymore. Despite all of the ugly, gross, frustrating moments, being a parent is by far the best thing I have ever done and now I can share those moments with you all. 



For more daily doses of parenting highs and lows, follow me on FacebookTwitter or Instagram

Comments